How Can I Keep From Singing



How Can I Keep From Singing

My life flows on in endless song;
Above earth’s lamentation
I hear the sweet though far off hymn
That hails a new creation:
Through all the tumult and the strife
I hear the music ringing;
It finds an echo in my soul—
How can I keep from singing?

What though my joys and comforts die?
The Lord my Savior liveth;
What though the darkness gather round!
Songs in the night He giveth:
No storm can shake my inmost calm
While to that refuge clinging;
Since Christ is Lord of Heav’n and earth,
How can I keep from singing?

I lift mine eyes; the cloud grows thin;
I see the blue above it;
And day by day this pathway smoothes
Since first I learned to love it:
The peace of Christ makes fresh my heart,
A fountain ever springing:
All things are mine since I am His—
How can I keep from singing?






though I was an obscure boy, only between fourteen and fifteen years of age, and my circumstances in life such as to make a boy of no consequence in the world, yet men of high standing would take notice sufficient to excite the public mind against me

and in a manner to create in them a spirit of the most bitter persecution and reviling. But strange or not, so it was, and it was often the cause of great sorrow to myself.

I was led to say in my heart: Why persecute me for telling the truth? I have actually seen a vision; and who am I that I can withstand God, or why does the world think to make me deny what I have actually seen? For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation.

Joseph Smith History 1:22-25

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/scriptures/pgp/js-h/1


 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luxons 2023 Election Pledges Were A Unforgivable Con

โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ฃ๐•๐•š๐•– ๐•‚๐•š๐•ฃ๐•œ'๐•ค ๐•‹๐•ฃ๐•ฆ๐•ž๐•ก ๐•‹๐•š๐•–๐•ค ๐”ฝ๐•ฆ๐•–๐•๐•–๐•• โ„™๐• ๐•๐•’๐•ฃ๐•š๐•ซ๐•’๐•ฅ๐•š๐• ๐•Ÿ, ๐•Š๐•ก๐•’๐•ฃ๐•œ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜ ๐”น๐•๐•’๐•ž๐•– ๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•• ๐•๐•š๐• ๐•๐•–๐•Ÿ๐•”๐•– ๐”ป๐•–๐•“๐•’๐•ฅ๐•–

๐•‹๐•ฃ๐•ฆ๐•ž๐•ก'๐•ค ๐”ป๐•š๐•ง๐•š๐•ค๐•š๐•ง๐•– โ„๐•™๐•–๐•ฅ๐• ๐•ฃ๐•š๐•” ๐”ธ๐•—๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•‚๐•š๐•ฃ๐•œ ๐”ธ๐•ค๐•ค๐•’๐•ค๐•ค๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•’๐•ฅ๐•š๐• ๐•Ÿ ๐”ป๐•–๐•–๐•ก๐•–๐•Ÿ๐•ค โ„•๐•’๐•ฅ๐•š๐• ๐•Ÿ๐•’๐• ๐”ป๐•š๐•ง๐•š๐••๐•–