𝕋𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕤 ≋2≋0≋1≋8≋ - ℂ𝕙𝕦𝕔𝕜𝕪 ℂ𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕤 𝕤𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕠𝕨𝕟 𝕤𝕒𝕔𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕡𝕠𝕚𝕟𝕥: 𝟛𝟝 𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕤

𝕋𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕤 ≋2≋0≋1≋8≋ - ℂ𝕙𝕦𝕔𝕜𝕪 ℂ𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕤 𝕤𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕠𝕨𝕟 𝕤𝕒𝕔𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕡𝕠𝕚𝕟𝕥: 𝟛𝟝 𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕤

𝕆𝕡𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕡 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣 ℂ𝕙𝕦𝕔𝕜𝕪 ℂ𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕤 𝕙𝕒𝕤 𝕤𝕖𝕥 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕗 𝕒 𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕝𝕕 𝕠𝕗 𝟛𝟝 𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕤 𝕚𝕗 𝕤𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕟𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕡.

And she has also promised a review of all National's policies, including questioning one of its key promises of 2017: tax cuts.

National is still polling at about 44.5 per cent and a new leader's job will be trying to hold that.

She said Labour had shown what the tipping point was before a leader ran into trouble

.


.

"Once things start getting under 35 per cent people start saying 'can we win?' And I know I am putting a mark up there which at some stage in the future, if I am successful this time, that people will say 'well, you set that mark.

"Yep, let me set that mark."

Collins said she did not necessarily believe tax cuts were a priority.

National had campaigned on its Family Incomes Package which included tax cuts from mid-2018 and signalled a further round in 2020.

"I don't know that that is the biggest thing people want, actually. I think people want some very sensible expenditure, but better than that, outcomes in some of the areas they are missing out on."

While her rivals Amy Adams and Simon Bridges declined to talk about policies or the direction they believed National should go, Collins signalled she would review many of National's policies.

.



.

"I think it's always good to review all policies when you become the leader."

Collins said the caucus unity any new leader would get would depend on the polls.

"What you do is you show by results. If you can deliver in the polls, then you can deliver for that particular caucus. And if you deliver, strangely enough you get there."

Collins also believed she would be able to do better than Bill English would have done in 2020. She said he had good attributes and she did not want to denigrate his legacy.

"But I do know, coming into Opposition, I know how tough it is. And I know you need a decisive and strong leader. And I also know you need to be able to reach out to other parties."

.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luxons 2023 Election Pledges Were A Unforgivable Con

National's Austerity Obsession: From Key's Folly to Luxon's Fiasco

National Party's Anti-Labour Rants Scream Desperation.