𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕 𝕗𝕒𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕤 ℙ𝕄 𝕁𝕒𝕔𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕒 𝔸𝕣𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕟 𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕟𝕤 𝕥𝕒𝕓𝕝𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕟 𝕋𝕠𝕧𝕒 𝕆'𝔹𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕟, 𝕁𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕔𝕒 𝕄𝕦𝕥𝕔𝕙 𝕄𝕔𝕂𝕒𝕪
𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕 𝕗𝕒𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕤 ℙ𝕄 𝕁𝕒𝕔𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕒 𝔸𝕣𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕟 𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕟𝕤 𝕥𝕒𝕓𝕝𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕟 𝕋𝕠𝕧𝕒 𝕆'𝔹𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕟, 𝕁𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕔𝕒 𝕄𝕦𝕥𝕔𝕙 𝕄𝕔𝕂𝕒𝕪
𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕 𝕗𝕒𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕤 ℙ𝕣𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕄𝕚𝕟𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕁𝕒𝕔𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕒 𝔸𝕣𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕟 𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕟𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕒𝕓𝕝𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕟 𝕡𝕠𝕝𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕔𝕒𝕝 𝕣𝕖𝕡𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕋𝕠𝕧𝕒 𝕆'𝔹𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕁𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕔𝕒 𝕄𝕦𝕥𝕔𝕙 𝕄𝕔𝕂𝕒𝕪 𝕕𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒 𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕔𝕚𝕒𝕝 ℂ𝕙𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕞𝕒𝕤 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕖𝕨 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕁𝕠𝕟𝕠 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝔹𝕖𝕟.
During the segment on radio station The Hits, a lot of fun was poked at Ardern's approach to media briefings for journalists - specifically, the order in which she takes questions.
Comedians Jono and Ben even gave her a T-shirt printed with large wording saying: "Jessica then Tova".
.
But they had an even bigger surprise in getting O'Brien and Mutch McKay to join the segment over the phone.
"They have fired an abundance of questions at you over the last 12 months and right now, we're going to give you a chance to fire some questions back at them. On the phone, we have Jessica, then Tova - or Tova, then Jessica," said Jono.
"No you don't... are you kidding?" Ardern laughed, before Mutch McKay's voice sounded in her headphones.
"Good morning Prime Minister," said Mutch McKay, before Ardern erupted in laughter.
Ardern then got to asking questions of the reporters in a role reversal of their interactions over the past few years.
"Does it matter if you're first?" Ardern asked Mutch McKay.
"Yeah it does," the journalist replied. "I'll deny I said that later but yeah, it does a little."
"There we go, I genuinely didn't know," Ardern said, before being told sometimes her answers weren't "snappy" enough for television, so the same questions had to be asked of her multiple times.
.
.
Attention was then turned to O'Brien.
"Tova, I'm interested. When I don't go to you first, or if I don't go to you a second or third time, and you mutter under your breath, do you intend for me to hear that?" asked Ardern.
Tova laughed before turning the tables back on Ardern, replying: "Actually Prime Minister, I don't think it's your turn. I said Jono's got the next question, then Ben."
"That's fair," laughed Ardern.
O'Brien recently celebrated her last day as Newshub's Political Editor and host of Newshub Nation.

Comments
Post a Comment