𝕋𝕣𝕦𝕞𝕡 𝕤𝕒𝕪𝕤 '𝕂𝕚𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕝 𝕚𝕤 𝕟𝕖𝕩𝕥' 𝕒𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕣 ℂ𝕠𝕝𝕓𝕖𝕣𝕥 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕚𝕤 𝕔𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕕

𝕋𝕣𝕦𝕞𝕡 𝕤𝕒𝕪𝕤 '𝕂𝕚𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕝 𝕚𝕤 𝕟𝕖𝕩𝕥' 𝕒𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕣 ℂ𝕠𝕝𝕓𝕖𝕣𝕥 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕚𝕤 𝕔𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕕

𝕃𝕒𝕥𝕖-𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕙𝕠𝕤𝕥𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕔𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕔𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕠𝕗 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡𝕙𝕖𝕟 ℂ𝕠𝕝𝕓𝕖𝕣𝕥 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕒𝕤 𝕋𝕣𝕦𝕞𝕡 𝕤𝕒𝕪𝕤 '𝕂𝕚𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕝 𝕚𝕤 𝕟𝕖𝕩𝕥'

𝗟

ate-night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel has blasted television network CBS for cancelling The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, as the US president took to social media to revel in the news and warn, "Kimmel is next". 

 Stephen Colbert announced on Thursday (US time) that his late-night show has not been extended beyond the upcoming broadcast season, meaning it will end in May next year. 

CBS executives released a statement calling the move a "purely financial decision", labelling Colbert "irreplaceable". 

 "[The decision is made] against a challenging backdrop in late night," the statement read. 

 Fellow late-night hosts have reacted with shock and anger, with Kimmel writing on social media: "love you Stephen. 

F*** you and all your Sheldons CBS". Jimmy Fallon, host of The Tonight Show, wrote on social media that he was "just as shocked as everyone". 

"Stephen is one of the sharpest, funniest hosts to ever do it. I really thought I'd ride this out with him for years to come," he wrote. 

Meanwhile, US President Donald Trump seemed to delight in the announcement, writing on his own social media platform Truth Social, "I absolutely love that Colbert got fired". 

"His talent was even less than his ratings. I hear Jimmy Kimmel is next. 

Has even less talent than Colbert!" Trump added: "Greg Gutfeld is better than all of them combined, including the Moron on NBC who ruined the once great Tonight Show.

Entertainers rally around Colbert 

 Eleven-time Emmy award winner Julia Louis-Dreyfus defended the late-night host, writing, "I stand with my friend Stephen Colbert". 

 She then directed a David Graham quote at CBS, Paramount and chairwoman Shari Redstone. 

"Institutions that are willing to sacrifice their values for the government's favour are likely to end up with neither," she wrote. 

 A slew of stars commented on an Instagram post shared by The Late Show and Colbert's personal account. 

 "Love you Stephen. This is absolute bulls***," Severance star Adam Scott wrote. 

 "And I for one am looking forward to the next 10 months of shows." 

 Seth Meyers, the host of Late Night, also weighed in on Instagram. 

"For as great a comedian and host he is, Stephen Colbert is an even better person," he wrote. 

"I'm going to miss having him on TV every night, but I'm excited he can no longer use the excuse that he's 'too busy to hang out' with me." 

 Colbert took over as host of The Late Show in September 2015, succeeding veteran broadcaster David Letterman, who launched the programme in 1993 after Jay Leno was named host of NBC's flagship Tonight Show.

𝐑𝐍𝐙/- 𝘈𝘉𝘊

.

Bullring Audio Player

Bullring audio

Now Playing: Your Song Title (from https://example.com/your-song.mp3)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luxons 2023 Election Pledges Were A Unforgivable Con

National's Austerity Obsession: From Key's Folly to Luxon's Fiasco

National Party's Anti-Labour Rants Scream Desperation.